Read about the latest developments in media policy at the EU level in the new issue of the European Media Policy newsletter.
In this issue:
- The European Parliament adopts position on anti-SLAPP directive
- Son of killed journalist raises concerns regarding anti-SLAPP
- Poland, Malta, and France worst regarding SLAPP lawsuits
- Ongoing debate regarding Media Freedom Act
- Rule of law report 2023 highlights media freedom and pluralism
- Media Pluralism Monitor 2023
- EU Digital Services Act: Challenges remain as enforcement begins
- Internal Commissioner Breton under fire after comment on shutting down social media
European Media Policy is a newsletter published by Nordicom and edited by Natacha López. The newsletter focuses specifically on developments in media policy at the European level, such as new proposals for legislation, debates in the European Parliament, recently taken or impending policy decisions, EU studies in the field, and so forth.