The November issue of Nordicom's newsletter European Media Policy is out. The newsletter provides an update on policy developments at the European level, concentrating on news from the European Union.
Some of the contents in no.3/2017:
- The EU Commission has published guidelines for digital platforms to tackle hate speech online, but are they a threat to online expression?
- European countries are fed up with the tech giants earning billions of euros from their consumers without paying their fare share in taxes. Now the EU is debating how to solve this problem.
- EU policymakers were appalled by the murder of Malta’s top investigative journalist and Parliament calls for legislation to protect whistleblowers.
- The debate on the reform of EU copyright rules has been intense lately. Much of it has focused on the controversial upload filters.
- The EU Parliament has voted for strong e-privacy rules. Tech giants, advertisers and media up in arms.
Welcome to sign up for a free subscription here.