Some of the contents in this year's second issue:
- Now the ”techlash” has spread to the United States. Many policymakers want to reign in the power of the tech giants.
- There was a great deal of disinformation activity by Russian and other sources during the EU elections. Internet companies should do more to prevent it, says the EU Commission. The era of self-regulation may well soon be over.
- Digital platforms have long been protected from liability for the content users post on their networks. Maybe not for much longer.
- The controversial EU copyright directive has now been adopted. But the fight over these rules may not be over yet.
- There is concern about growing ”digital gaps” between rich and poor. The more technology develops the greater these gaps seem to get.