You are here
Statistics & Facts
As a cooperative body to the Nordic Council of Ministers, Nordicom has a mandate to document and analyse the media development in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden with a comparative approach.
Similarly, Nordicom-Sweden has a commission from the Ministry of Culture regarding the media development in Sweden.
Nordicom also documents, to some extent, trends and changes in Europe and internationally so as to place Nordic media sectors in a broader context.
Find Nordic media trends facts and figures on our website:
- Nordic media statistics in English
- Swedish media statistics in Swedish
- Nordicom-Sweden's Media Barometer, an annual media use study
- Danish, Finnish, Icelandic and Norwegian media statistics (links to national organisations)
- External statistical sources at national, Nordic, European and international levels (link library)
- Government reports and other public reports on media and on freedom of expression in the Nordic countries (lists and links)
- News about media policy in the Nordic region
- European Media Policy newsletters
News & Further reading
- News: Short analyses based on Nordicom's statistics and external research - see Media Use; Media Structure; Media Policy; etc.
- Further Reading: Links to external research reports, industry reports and other Nordic media facts
- Follow our newsfeed via RSS, and/or get updates on Twitter.
Newsletters & Reports (open access)
- Two newsletters: "Media Trends in the Nordic Countries" and "European Media Policy"
- Nordicom's open access publications on media trends in the Nordic countries and Sweden (statistics, analyses, research)
- Nordicom-Sweden's Media Barometer, an annual media use study.