Media and communication is a broad and ever-expanding area of research. At Nordicom, our work is to follow the development of this field of research in the Nordic countries and to communicate the knowledge that this research produces. Therefore, we document research findings relating to media and communications from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, making them available on our website and in various publications.
To get an overview of Nordic media research development, you can:
- Read our compilations of new doctoral dissertations from Nordic universities, new Nordic research literature or new research grants.
- Read, for example, about the NordMedia Nordic research conference, what to think of as a writer or organizer, and view Nordicom’s archive of conference documentation.
- Find information about, and links to, Nordic, European and International research associations in the field of media and communications.
Under Publications you’ll find listings for our own publishing of scientific books and journals, where we regularly publish:
- Externally written monographs and anthologies.
- The peer-reviewed journal Nordicom Review
- The popular science journal Nordicom-Information, which creates a meeting place for industry, academia and politics.
Everything is published both in print and online as open access.
You can also read our news on current media research and visit our conference calendar, which presents hundreds of current Nordic and International conferences in the field of media and communications research.