Calls for abstracts
The deadline for abstracts has been extended until 10 March 2021, and submissions will open in January. More information will be available on the NordMedia2021 conference site in early January.
All abstracts for the main conference should be addressed to a specific division or temporary working group (TWG). The upcoming conference in Reykjavik has 11 divisions and 4 TWGs:
- Division 1: Audience Studies
- Division 2: Environment, Science and Risk Communication
- Division 3: Journalism
- Division 4: Media and Communication History
- Division 5: Media, Globalization and Social Change
- Division 6: Media Industries
- Division 7: Media Literacy and Media Education
- Division 8: Organization, Communication and Promotion
- Division 9: Political Communication
- Division 10: Television and Film Studies
- Division 11: Theory, Philosophy and Ethics of Communication
Temporary Working Groups
- TWG 1: Game Studies
- TWG 2: Gender and Media
- TWG 3: Media, Communication and Health
- TWG 4: Visual Communication and Culture
Questions regarding the calls for abstracts can be directed to Valgerður Jóhannsdóttir (main conference, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Maarit Jaakkola (pre-conference, email: email@example.com). Contact information for all chairs and co-chairs are available from their respective division and TWG pages listed above. For other questions about the conference, you can get in touch with the planning committee.
Learn more about NordMedia 2023 in Bergen, Norway. The conference website will be updated regularly as the conference approaches.