Nordicom hosts the website www.nordicom.gu.se, and we want as many people as possible to be able to use it. This page describes how Nordicom works towards a website that fulfils the laws for accessibility of digital public services. It also describes any known issues and how you can report deficiencies to us so that we can resolve them. We are constantly working to ensure that the website meets the legal requirements.
How accessible is the website?
We are aware that we are currently not meeting all the requirements for accessibility of digital public services. We would like to solve these problems and ensure you get the digital service you are entitled to. Our ambition is to have fixed all known accessibility problems by 31 December 2021.
By the end of 2022, Nordicom will update the site www.nordicom.gu.se to the same system that the University of Gothenburg uses for its website, www.gu.se. This update will solve several of the accessibility problems that our current website has.
What can you do if you cannot use parts of the site?
If you need information from us in any other format, you can contact us as follows:
- E-mail us at: email@example.com
- Call us at: +46 31 786 00 00
The shortcomings of the website
The availability of Nordicom’s website www.nordicom.gu.se currently has several shortcomings that we are working to remedy. Content on nordicom.gu.se that is not fully available is described here:
- Headings and heading levels are not always used correctly, which can cause difficulties for users with cognitive or visual impairments.
- Document links and links to external pages do not always describe where they lead or notify that they will open in a new window.
- Nordicom’s publications in PDF format published before September 2018 are not accessible. These will also not be adapted for accessibility, in accordance with the accessibility requirements for older documents. Publications published after September 2018 will be adjusted for accessibility before the end of 2022. Publications published after 23 September 2020 will be accessible when they are published.
- Downloadable files are not accessible. We are working with new available formats for media statistics and fact sheets that are expected to be launched before the end of 2021, in connection with the update of our website.
- Images with meaningful content have no description.
- Text is displayed in some cases against the background image – these also lack descriptive text.
- In some cases, text is displayed against a background image that contains text or distracting graphic patterns.
- Some pieces of text are written in a language other than the surrounding text, but are not marked for this in code, which causes problems for screen readers.
- Some pieces of text are written only in capital letters.